Professional Doctorate in Public Administration (Research)
If you are a public administration professional, this Professional Doctorate in Public Administration (Research) from University of Canberra will see you extend and build upon your professional experience via a combination of coursework, a relevant choice of electives and a research dissertation.
$AUD 27,800 per year
CRICOS Code: 099087C
The Faculty must be satisfied that it is able to supervise the candidate’s proposed dissertation and that the candidate satisfies the following admission requirements:
- holds at minimum a Bachelor degree and a post-Bachelor Honours year by research, or a Master or Graduate Diploma degree of 1 to 2 years full-time duration in a relevant field;
- has five years of professional practice in a relevant area;
- provides evidence of capacity for independent research under the guidance of a supervisory panel at the doctoral level and relevant professional development; and
- provides evidence of superior professional performance both intellectually and technically.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
You will undertake advanced study and reflection on theory and practice in the professional field of public administration and public policy, while drawing on, and extending, your professional experience and expertise.
As a doctoral student, you will choose a real-world public administration problem to explore as a research project and will be encouraged to do so in the context of your own workplace, organisation or community.
You will graduate from the program having made a unique contribution to professional practice in the field of public administration and ready to progress your career to the next level. As a Higher Degree by Research (HDR), this course is covered under the Australian Government’s Research Training Program (RTP) funding model, which provides a fee offset for domestic students for the standard duration of the course.
Study a Professional Doctorate in Public Administration (Research) from University of Canberra and you will:
- undertake coursework that develops knowledge and skill in research methodology and research methods
- develop the research, writing and analysis skills which enable you to produce a dissertation which is an original and significant contribution to the relevant literature and/or professional practice
- prepare a substantial dissertation which adds to existing knowledge and forms an in-depth investigation and analysis of a particular professional issue
- initiate closer links between the University and senior professionals in fields associated with public administration and public policy.
- Research Methodology and Research Design
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Literature Review Seminar
- Professional Doctorate Research Proposal
- Public Administration Dissertation
- Sessional academic
- Senior research officer
- Senior research fellow
- Administration director
- Administrative services director
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country