Master of Secondary Teaching
Are you a passionate graduate whose keen to positively shape Australia’s young minds? The Master of Secondary Teaching from University of Canberra will provide you with the knowledge and skills to pursue your passion and enter a career as a teacher of students in Years 7–12.
$AUD 28,500 per year
CRICOS Code: 097655C
- Entrants to graduate entry programs have a discipline-specific bachelor or equivalent qualification relevant to the Australian Curriculum or other recognised areas of schooling provision including at least a major study in one teaching area and, preferably, a second teaching area comprising at least a minor study.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7.5
- PTE Academic: 73
With the delivery of the Australian Curriculum in mind, discover pedagogical problem-based learning approaches within classroom and school settings and numerous ways to reflect upon your own professional learning objectives.
Informed by the latest research, this postgraduate course for pre-service teachers includes 60 days of professional experience within Canberra region secondary schools.
Like all Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited education programs, UC’s Master of Secondary Teaching requires students to successfully complete a Professional Experience component and pass the moderated Teaching Performance Assessment (TPA) that takes place within a school.
Study the Master of Secondary Teaching at University of Canberra and you will:
- master the skills required for lesson planning and effective teaching and learning
- critically reflect on the ways in which educational theory and research informs teaching practice
- develop effective ways to collaborate as part of a team and interpret evidence and data
- increase your ability to reason and make evidence-based decisions
- empower learners with your strong subject and pedagogical knowledge
- establish and maintain ethical and respectful relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- promote participation and inclusion and develop the strengths and needs of students from diverse cultural, linguistic, religious and socio-economic backgrounds
- strengthen your professional leadership
- engage with schools in the Canberra region and build your own network of experienced professional and mentors
- Curriculum and Assessment in Secondary Education
- Learning and Development in Secondary Education
- Indigenous Teaching and Learning Perspectives in Secondary Education
- Using Data to Improve Learning
- Education for Diversity in Secondary Education
- The Professional Practice of Teaching
- Positive Learning Environments in Secondary Education
- Information and Communication Technology Literacy in Secondary Education
- Professional Practice Capstone Project Secondary Education
A UC Master of Secondary Teaching degree is an accredited qualification and offers graduates the chance to acquire the skills needed to pursue a career in teaching and a pathway to a range of other lifelong learning careers.
Graduates can work in such roles as:
- secondary school teacher
- relief teacher
- adult educator
- children’s author
- curriculum adviser
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country