Master of Primary Teaching
If teaching is your passion, then the Master of Primary Teaching from University of Canberra will prepare you for a long and fulfilling career in education while giving you the skills, qualifications and experience to work across all areas of the primary school curriculum.
$AUD 28,500 per year
CRICOS Code: 097656B
- Entrants to graduate entry programs have a discipline-specific bachelor or equivalent qualification relevant to the Australian Curriculum or other recognised areas of schooling provision including for primary teaching, at least one year of full-time equivalent study relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7.5
- PTE Academic: 73
This two-year, fully accredited by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) program provides foundation knowledge along with work integrated learning opportunities that include: workshops, simulations, microteaching, problem-based learning and case study analysis.
Designed around a central focus of pedagogical content knowledge (PCK), this course delivers a teaching strategy that creates student-specific learning curriculums based on many education principles, social, cultural and intellectual environments and students’ individual needs.
This course also includes an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander component that ensures Indigenous ways of knowing and learning are both considered and appropriately incorporated into the study program.
Study a Master of Primary Teaching from University of Canberra and you will:
- develop a high level of theoretical, practical, cultural and ethical teaching methods
- be able to implement teaching strategies designed to improve individual and collective knowledge
- gain a comprehensive understanding of teaching principles from Australian and International perspectives
- possess a deeper appreciation of Indigenous learning, development, and understanding
- complete 60 days of professional teaching experience
- have access to an extensive network of industry mentors and contacts
- be officially acknowledged as holding a Master of Primary Teaching degree that’s accredited by the Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) and recognised right around the world.
- Curriculum and Assessment in Primary Education
- Teaching Primary Australian Curriculum – The Arts
- Teaching Primary Science and Technology Information and Communication Technology
- Literacy in Primary Education
- Learning and Development in Primary Education
- Primary Mathematics -Teaching for Understanding
- Education for Diversity in Primary Education
The UC Master of Primary Teaching course is an internationally recognised qualification that will enable graduates to pursue a wide range of employment opportunities across Australia and the world, including:
- primary school teacher
- relief teacher
- adult educator
- children’s author
- curriculum adviser
- flexible learning developer
- professional trainer, coach or tutor
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country