Master of International Development
This Master of International Development from University of Canberra explores the latest theories on sustainable development and cross-cultural practice, in relation to issues such as poverty, empowerment and gender. You will intricately hone your practice-led research skills and be prepared for a rewarding career solving some of the most challenging problems facing the world today.
$AUD 28,700 per year
CRICOS Code: 074938D
- Applicants must have a degree or equivalent as approved by the University.
- Applicants with a completed Bachelor’s degree in a related/cognate field may be granted credit for 12 credit points of unspecified credit and admission into the 1.5 year (EFTSL) program.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
Opportunities exist for graduates in a range of areas, including non-government organisations, the charity sector, public development agencies, multinational businesses, government agencies and academia.
You can look forward to a successful career working with bodies like World Vision, Oxfam, the Australian Red Cross, Save the Children, TEAR Australia and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, among many others.
Study a Master of International Development at University of Canberra and you will:
- acquire knowledge about development issues across the world, especially with under-privileged communities
- engage with contemporary development theory
- explore participatory approaches to planning, management, monitoring and the evaluation of development projects
- acquire knowledge and understanding of the politics of different aspects of development processes, practices and advocacy.
- Rural Development and Agro-forestry
- Conflicts, Humanitarian Intervention and Reconstruction
- Development Research Project
- Gender and Development
- History and Politics of the Theories of Development
- Micro-credit and Risk Management in Development
- International consultant
- Program director
- International aid worker
- Campaign director
- International project manager
- Head of fundraising
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country