Master of Education
If you are an Education graduate looking to take your career to the next level, this Master of Education at University of Canberra will provide you with a deepened knowledge of the issues affecting modern education. You will explore areas including contemporary theory, critical research and the effects of globalisation on the reconfiguring of the education sector.
CRICOS Code: 054827K
- A four-year undergraduate degree in education or a three-year undergraduate degree plus a one-year graduate diploma in education, and in either case a minimum of three years professional experience in an educational context; OR
- A three-year undergraduate degree in education or a cognate discipline deemed equivalent by the University Admissions Committee, and in either case a minimum of four years professional experience in an educational context.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
Engaging and flexible, the course can be taken either full-time or part-time, and tailored to meet your individual professional needs, with your study culminating in the presentation of a substantial piece of scholarship.
You will be required to offer an evidence-based analysis on a topic relevant to your field of practice which you will then present as part of a group-based capstone unit. Upon graduation, you will be well-positioned for additional postgraduate education study, career progression within your own workplace, or ready to succeed in a new role as a senior education professional.
Study a Master of Education at University of Canberra and you will:
- understand the contemporary developments that have an impact across a variety of professional practice fields in education
- examine the globalised character of educational theory, curriculum development, policy and practice
- develop the capacity to analyse and critique professional knowledge
- analyse how globalisation’s interdependent economic, political, cultural and technological dimensions affect education
- review research perspectives and practices in the social sciences and humanities, with particular reference to education and communication.
- Educating Globally
- Education Research Perspectives
- Contemporary Education Conference
- Reflection on Educational Practice
- Educational Leadership and Change
- Educating for Sustainable Worlds
- Engaging Communities in Change
- Deputy principal
- Head of department
- Executive teacher
- Year adviser
- Schools policy adviser
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country