Master of Data Science
If you consider yourself a big picture thinker, then the Master of Data Science from University of Canberra is the course for you, as not only will it introduce you to a whole new world of data interpretation, it will also teach you the skills to recognise, interpret and ultimately manage trends at both a micro and global scale.
$AUD 33,000 per year
CRICOS Code: 099433A
- An Australian bachelor degree in any field or equivalent.
- Year 12 mathematics and functional knowledge of using computer systems.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
Data analysis and modelling underpins all aspects of social and community development and thanks to the internet and smart phones there has been a dramatic growth in the scale and complexity of data that can be collected and analysed across industries including health care, sports, business practices, scientific discoveries and government policy.
To help process and navigate this vast and ever-growing mass of data, the industry desperately needs trained specialists who can understand and interpret vast amounts of data (big data), while providing effective and ethical ways to protect the privacy of that information.
Using a unique combination of interdisciplinary coursework, a strong background in research methodology and comprehensive training via industry-based projects (work-integrated learning), this course will uniquely position graduates of this course to become leaders in this field in either industry, the government sector or academia.
Study a Master of Data Science at University of Canberra and you will:
- Learn the knowledge and skills to read and interpret Big Data
- Become proficient using state-of-the-art industry tools
- Learn how to critically analyse databases and offer innovative solutions
- Gain practical skills working on real world issues
- Learn and apply professional ethics, teamwork, critical analysis, communication and management skills.
- Build strong industry networks
- Earn an industry recognised and respected qualification
- Be in demand
- Regression Modelling
- Inf. Sc. Research Methodology
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning
- Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Data Capture and Preparations
- Programming for Data Science
The amount of digital data being produced daily around the world is phenomenal and as such graduates of the UC Master of Data Science course can expect to find themselves in high demand in any one of the following positions.
- Data scientist
- Data engineer
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country