Master of Communication
The Master of Communication from University of Canberra specialises in exploring contemporary communication theories, strategic planning and social media, and asks you to apply these in the context of a major research project.
$AUD 26,000 per year
CRICOS Code: 090007C
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee.
- Students who complete the Graduate Diploma in Communication can articulate into the Master’s program with credit for the 8 units completed.
- Students who have completed the Graduate Certificate in Communication may apply and receive credit for the 4 Graduate Certificate (level G) units.
- In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors including English proficiency, academic record and/or employment experience.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
You can choose to take the Strategic Communication path, where you concentrate on contemporary communication, social theory and how critical issues develop, or the Marketing Communication path, where you’ll explore how advertising, public relations, promotions and direct marketing combine to create effective marketing communication strategies.
This course is especially suited to senior communication managers looking to develop their skills and will prepare you for opportunities in commercial, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Study a Master of Communication at University of Canberra and you will:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of human communication processes and environments
- become confident in using a range of social research methods relevant to strategic or marketing communication
- demonstrate critical thinking and vision to address mid to long-term strategic communication issues
- become confident in counselling senior management on strategic communication and possess the ability to lead teams within organisations
- link communication research, planning, implementation and evaluation to organisational strategic plans
- apply your understanding of communication theories towards a major research project.
- Communication and Information Project
- Marketing Communication Principles
- Principles of Strategic Communication
- Social Research
- Public Relations Practice
- Industry and Community Engagement (Internships)
- Networks and Social Media
- Communications manager
- Marketing manager
- Marketing strategist
- Brand manager
- Advertising account director
- Marketing consultant
- Communication strategist
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country