Master of Business Informatics
If you’re in IT and looking to get ahead, then the Master of Business Informatics from University of Canberra offers the perfect opportunity to expand your skills in areas vital to the intertwined worlds of Business and Information Technology – while simultaneously gaining the knowledge and qualifications to give your career a much-needed boost.
$AUD 33,100 per year
CRICOS Code: 019927G
- A Bachelor degree from Australia or a recognised overseas institution. No previous Business Informatics or ICT knowledge is assumed.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
This two-year program has been created to address key areas pertinent to IT professionals and is of particular advantage to those looking at progressing into a career as business analysts.
This course also offers students a range of electives to help you fine-tune your qualifications and specialise in areas such as accounting, HR, strategic management, data analytics or information sciences.
On completion of the course you will be able to return to the workforce as a confident, competent specialist with the knowledge and skills to progress comfortably into a career in a variety of specialised IT roles, such as program analyst, systems architect, information systems manager, and beyond.
This course offers you the chance to prepare you for a career in the ‘knowledge economy’ and is accredited by the Australian Computer Society.
Study a Master of Business Informatics from University of Canberra and you will:
- demonstrate an understanding of theoretical concepts and develop an appropriate set of data models for relational database implementation
- undertake a human-computer interaction design project
- critically analyse complex business processes
- be able to derive advanced system models appropriately
- learn how to use international standard systems description paradigms and languages
- prepare and critically evaluate documents associated with project planning, monitoring, review and quality
- use SPSS and gain knowledge of key data and national and international indicators from Australia and other Asia-Pacific countries.
- Professional Practice in IT
- Systems Analysis and Modelling
- Systems Project and Quality Management
- IT and Business Alignment
- Inf. Sc. Research Methodology
- Information Systems Management
- Technology Capstone Research Project
A Master of Business Informatics form UC is a globally recognised qualification that can help you progress into a range of careers including working as a:
- IT security analyst
- IT systems test engineer
- business analyst
- data scientist
- IT project manager
- systems architect
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country