Graduate Diploma in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT)
Language teachers are in demand in Australia and around the world and the Graduate Diploma in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT) from University of Canberra delivers the practical skills and knowledge that will help students of English and other languages reach their full potential.
$AUD 28,500 per full
CRICOS Code: 098024D
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee. No teaching experience is required.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
You’ll explore teaching methodology and practice, linguistics, oral communication, language acquisition and curriculum design – and how to apply these in numerous language education settings. Your new understanding of people coming from a wide range of cultural, social and religious backgrounds will also equip you with the valuable knowledge and skills needed to nurture your students’ futures in the workplace and beyond.
Build your skills step-by-step. This nationally and internationally recognised degree is part of an articulated postgraduate program of study that begins with a graduate certificate and ends with a master’s degree.
Study the Graduate Diploma in TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching (FLT) from University of Canberra and you will:
- master the skills required for the effective teaching and learning of English and other languages
- build specialised knowledge and skills for professional practice in a range of educational settings
- empower learners with your strong subject and pedagogical knowledge
- strengthen your professional leadership skills
- critically reflect on the ways in which language education theory and research informs teaching practice
- establish and maintain ethical and respectful relationships with students, colleagues and parents
- develop the strengths and linguistic needs of students from diverse cultural, religious and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Language Teaching Experience
- Language in Social Context
- Language Testing and Assessment
- Language Teaching Practice
- Language Acquisition
- English Grammar
A UC Master of TESOL and Foreign Language Teaching degree prepares for a career in a wide range of professional contexts and leadership positions in Australia and internationally, including teaching English to speakers of other languages, or a foreign language. Graduates can work in such roles as:
- teacher of English as a second language in Australia
- teacher of a language other than English
- adult educator
- workplace-based TESOL instructor
- director of language education
- community educator
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country