Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science
Learn more about human physiology, biochemistry and how nutrition affects the human body from a social, biochemical, disease and life cycle-oriented context with a Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science from University of Canberra.
$AUD 30,500 per full
CRICOS Code: 072530M
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- a completed bachelor degree in science, or a related discipline,
- two degree level units in chemistry,
- two degree level units in human biology and human physiology.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7
- PTE Academic: 65
In this course, you will study a diverse range of subjects that will give you a deeper understanding of human nutrition while offering a clearer understanding of what health-related study options are available to you moving forward. This course is perfect for students from a broader health science background looking to specialise in nutrition science, or those looking at entering the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics program and need additional pre-requisites to gain access.
This course also offers an alternative exit pathway for students who commence the Master of Nutrition and Dietetics but due to lifestyle or career changes, choose not to complete the degree. Get a taste for nutrition science. Register for the UC Graduate Certificate in Human Nutrition course today.
Study a Graduate Diploma in Nutritional Science from University of Canberra and you will:
- develop knowledge, skills, and attitude to examine health within the framework of nutrition
- understand the application of food in a social, pathophysiological and biochemical health context
- cultivate critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills and apply evidence-based approaches to address a nutrition-related health issue
- demonstrate expert communication skills to transfer complex nutrition knowledge to a variety of audience
- develop autonomy and self-direction in progressing your learning and professional development
- gain the necessary scientific background and specific knowledge and skills to address concepts and opinions relating to human nutrition
- identify the links between diet, health, and disease at different life stages
- discuss ways to improve the delivery of nutritional information.
- Human Biochemistry
- Food Science
- Nutrition Across the Lifecycle
- Nutrition and Disease
- Nutritional Science
A graduate diploma in nutritional science is a foundation course that opens a variety of future career and study options for students. Successful completion of this course will allow students to either progress to further study or move into any one of the following career pathways:
- health promotion officers
- project Officer or Research Officers
- nutrition consultant
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country