Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation
In this Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation from University of Canberra you will explore how these materials are made, how they respond to their changing environments, how people value them, and how conservation professionals ensure they survive into the future.
$AUD 32,900 per full
CRICOS Code: 096390J
- Students must have a bachelor degree in any field as approved by the University.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
Through practical field-based workshops and behind-the-scenes tours of heritage sites and collections, you will learn to investigate the condition and significance of heritage items, develop conservation and management plans for them, and carry out laboratory and on-site treatment techniques to preserve and restore them.
All units contain Indigenous cultural content as a key underpinning to theory, practice, history and contemporary social, economic and cultural issues in the cultural heritage sector.
The flexibility to develop your personal vision, interests and focus as a professional is intrinsic to the course, and progression to the Graduate Diploma in Creative and Cultural Futures and Master of Arts in Creative and Cultural Futures is available by enrolling in additional units.
Study a Graduate Certificate in Heritage Materials Conservation at University of Canberra and you will:
- apply values-based methodologies to identify the stakeholders and values that must be taken into account in conservation planning
- use observation and analysis to accurately identify heritage materials, their condition, and their responses to environmental conditions
- integrate physical data and cultural understandings to develop sustainable conservation treatment and management plans for heritage
- determine and apply appropriate preservation, conservation and restoration techniques to conserve and enhance heritage materials
- Heritage Materials and Their Environments
- The Cultural Significance of Patina
- Heritage Materials – Structure and Integrity
- Heritage Materials – Aesthetics and Stability
- head of heritage
- heritage consultant
- gallery manager
- indigenous heritage officer
- collections manager
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country