Graduate Certificate in Counselling
The Graduate Certificate of Counselling at University of Canberra is designed to introduce students to the essential knowledge and skills that will prepare them for a helping career or expand on their current understanding and practice to improve their skills for their current work situations.
$AUD 27,000 per full
CRICOS Code: 00212K
- Admission to this course is competitive. Applications will be assessed on the basis of academic merit and the number of available places.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline.
English Language Requirements
- TOEFL Internet-based: 79
This Graduate Certificate of Counselling at University of Canberra will equip students to:
- Provide face to face and online counselling
- Gain practical knowledge of how to apply person-centred approaches to counselling situations
- Work in a culturally responsive and respectful framework with clients and communities – develop reflective practices that lead to self-awareness
- Understand the major counselling theories and their change mechanisms
- React professionally and ethically to challenges in helping professions
- Identify the professional roles and responsibilities of a counsellor and pathways to further qualifications
- Counselling Theory and Approaches
- Core Counselling Skills
- Principles of Ethical Conduct in Counselling
- Diversity Inclusion Respect
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country