Doctor of Philosophy
The Doctor of Philosophy from University of Canberra is a higher degree by research available across a range of disciplines within our University research institutes, as well as our four university faculties: Faculty of Arts & Design; Faculty of Business, Government and Law; Faculty of Education, Science, Technology and Mathematics; and Faculty of Health.
$AUD 36,500 per year
CRICOS Code: 077741D
The Faculty or Research Institute will determine an applicant’s eligibility for standard entry based upon evidence provided which would include:
- evidence of advanced knowledge in an area relevant to the PhD topic;
- a minimum of four years study at Australian degree level in a relevant area (e.g. four year bachelor degree or bachelor degree plus coursework masters);
- evidence of an ability to undertake complex thinking and problem solving; and
- evidence of significant aptitude for research.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6.5
- PTE Academic: 58
The Doctor of Philosophy from University of Canberra cover five areas of research focus: communication, education, environment, governance and health.
These areas of focus are supported within the four University research institutes:
- understand the concepts and theories acquired in accounting
- exercise critical thinking skills when dealing with ambiguous and incomplete information
- identify and obtain relevant information for decision making and providing advice to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- utilise discipline-specific technologies to analyse complex problems in a variety of contexts
- communicate clear, coherent and independent knowledge and ideas to a variety of stakeholders, addressing a diverse range of business/commerce problems
- develop the capacity to exercise initiative and professional judgement in an ethically and socially responsible manner
This course incorporates a 12 credit point coursework component to be completed in the first two semesters of the PhD for a full-time student, or over four semesters for a part-time student. The coursework component can be skipped if a student is accepted into the accelerated entry pathway (see admission requirements tab).
- Doctoral Thesis in Commerce (by Publication)
- Doctoral Thesis (Mathematics)
- Doctoral Thesis (Natural and Physical Sciences)
- Doctoral Thesis (Forensic Science)
- Doctoral Thesis (Biological Sciences)
- Doctoral Thesis (Information Systems)
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country