Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts)
This Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) from University of Canberra will enable you to become a primary school teacher with a specialisation in the creative arts.
$AUD 28,500 per year
CRICOS Code: 088692F
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7.5
On top of gaining practical experience of the educational theories used in today’s classrooms, you’ll develop a solid understanding of national literacy and numeracy requirements for children from Kindergarten to Year 6, while specifically focusing on subjects including visual arts, drama, music and dance.
During your second, third and fourth year of study, you’ll take a range of Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) units which are taught on-site in primary schools, offering you the opportunity to connect with students across all primary year levels in subjects including English, science, maths, health and PE, technologies, humanities and social sciences, as well as via a specific arts education internship.
You’ll graduate ready to inspire children aged five to 12, using creativity, imagination and ingenuity.
Study a Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) from University of Canberra and you will:
- gain appropriate scientific, literacy and numeracy knowledge
- learn the theories and principles that are the foundation for educational practice in primary settings
- demonstrate an understanding of student needs and differences, and the relevance of these to learning in inclusive, indigenous, English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) and mainstream settings
- plan and develop appropriate teaching activities for students from a diverse range of backgrounds
- develop and implement effective assessment strategies and carry out evaluation of teaching programs, resources and your own teaching
- apply the required content knowledge for all primary school curriculum areas to teaching, assessment and reporting methods, alternate/enhanced literacy and numeracy strategies, and the effective use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in teaching and learning
- reflect on your practice and experiences, and engage in a process of continual improvement.
- Arts Education Integration
- Creative Arts Principles
- Creative Arts Specialist
- Educational Investigations
- The Practice (PCK) of Teaching the Arts
- Planning Assessing and Reporting
- Primary school teacher
- Drama teacher
- Visual arts teacher
- Music teacher
- Dance teacher
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country