Bachelor of Pharmacy
If you’re interested in a career as a medication specialist, then the Bachelor of Pharmacy from University of Canberra will equip you with the skills, knowledge, experience, and qualifications required to become an official Australian registered pharmacist.
$AUD 36,800 per year
CRICOS Code: 076967E
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
- All students in the Bachelor of Pharmacy course are required to complete clinical practice placement in blocks of time, often outside of teaching time. These clinical practice placements are essential to the program.
- All pharmacy students will be registered as students with the Pharmacy Board of Australia after admission to the Bachelor of Pharmacy course
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7
- PTE Academic: 65
This four-year, full-time course teaches the science behind the practical preparation of drugs and medicines to treat injuries, illnesses, and deficiencies – and explores how to apply evidence-based knowledge, research, and scientific theory to the clinical reasoning, treatment, and evaluation of patients.
Study a Bachelor of Pharmacy at University of Canberra and you will:
- be educated in the theoretical, technical, written, practical and clinical components of pharmacy
- explore the science behind the preparation of drugs and medicines
- learn how to prepare a wide range of drugs and medicines
- understand how the human body reacts to certain medications acquire and apply clinical reasoning, treatment and evaluation skills to life sciences
- combine theory with hands-on experience in practical laboratory classes and clinical placements.
- gain the necessary knowledge, exposure, attitudes and clinical decision-making skills required to practice as a pharmacist achieve a globally recognised accreditation.
- Clinical Therapeutics
- Systems Pharmacology
- Health and Pharmacy
- Professional Practice in Health
- Evidence Based Medicine
A registered UC Bachelor of Pharmacy graduate is an important component of any healthcare team as they can assess a variety of medical ailments and possess the knowledge to recommend a range of drugs and medicines to help resolve or manage multiple medical issues.
Also, as the global aging population continues to grow, the demand for qualified pharmacy graduates capable of offering additional services such asthma care, blood pressure monitoring, and more is expected to increase.
In addition, each UC Bachelor of Pharmacy graduate leaves UC with a comprehensive list of industry and stakeholder contacts and should have no problem moving into positions in the following areas:
- as a practicing pharmacist, working in a community or a hospital pharmacy
- as a regulator within the government and broader pharmaceutical industry.
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country