Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education
If your ambition is to work as a teacher in a preschool, early learning centre or primary school, then the Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education from University of Canberra will provide you with a broad and innovative education degree which prepares you for a future-focused career.
$AUD 28,500 per year
CRICOS Code: 088695C
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 7.5
Taught in partnership with the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT), which delivers the first year of the course as a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, this four-year degree is carefully structured with a balance of both theory and practice in teaching.
During your first year of study, you’ll undertake professional teaching placements in early childhood and preschool settings.
Pedagogical Content Knowledge (PCK) units across your remaining three years are taught on-site in schools, providing you with ongoing opportunities to engage with children of all ages and embrace your course learnings first-hand.
Whether you choose to launch your career in an early childhood or primary school environment, you’ll graduate classroom-ready and keen to inspire the next generation of children aged 0 to 12.
Study a Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education from University of Canberra and you will:
- gain appropriate scientific, literacy and numeracy knowledge
- learn the theories and principles that are the foundation for educational issues and practice in primary and early childhood settings
- demonstrate understanding of student needs and differences, and the relevance of these to learning in inclusive, indigenous, English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) and mainstream settings
- plan and develop appropriate teaching activities for students from a diverse range of backgrounds
- develop and implement effective assessment strategies and carry out evaluation of teaching programs, resources and your own teaching
- apply the required content knowledge for all primary school curriculum areas to teaching, assessment and reporting methods, alternate/enhanced literacy and numeracy strategies, and the effective use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in teaching and learning
- reflect on your practice and experiences and engage in a process of continual improvement.
- Curriculum Design in Early Childhood Education
- Development in Early Childhood Education
- Health and Wellbeing in Early Childhood Education
- Human Development and Learning
- Infant and Toddler Education
- The Practice (PCK) of Teaching English
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country