Bachelor of Communication and Media/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
Use your energy and creativity to design and produce the finest social events, then use your communication and media skills to present your masterpiece on the world stage with the Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management from University of Canberra.
$AUD 29,000 per year
CRICOS Code: 099002B
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
English Language Requirements
- IELTS Band: 6
The Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management course from University of Canberra will push you creatively and will help develop your project management capabilities while giving you the tools to imagine, design and create events that engage, inspire and influence and integrated advertising communication campaigns designed to stimulate maximum audience participation.
Collectively you’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of how to produce a world class professional event from initial concept development and funding all the way through to integrated advertising, production and delivery.
This course also offers smaller, more personalised classes, delivering students with an individually tailored learning environment to ensure they receive the highest level of support and encouragement throughout their UC study journey.
Study a Bachelor of Communication and Media/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management and you will:
- apply professional judgement and knowledge in adapting marketing communication theories, principles and methodologies across diverse social, cultural and organisational contexts
- work flexibly, collaboratively and autonomously in deadline-driven environments
- learn strategy and campaign development, social and digital analytics, the basics of graphic design and visual language, multi-media production and stakeholder management
- create professional communication and media work that supports, promotes or critiques a range of domestic and global programs or issues
- apply the management skills necessary to function effectively, strategically and ethically in business and entrepreneurial roles in the event and tourism management arenas.
The UC Bachelor of Communication and Media/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management degree is a unique course that offers highly transferable qualifications that can be used in a variety of industries or jobs, such as:
- event manager
- conference centre manager
- tourism information officer
- restaurant manager
- public relations officer
- marketing manager
- festival program director
- advertising campaign manager
- wedding planner
Interested? Get started today!
University of Canberra, ACT 2601 Australia, Switchboard +61 2 6201 5111
CRICOS number: University of Canberra / University of Canberra College #00212K,
The University of Canberra is located on Ngunnawal Country